Skip to main content

WINNING OVER CHRONIC DISEASES


I solemn hate to hear the news that a family loses their loved one to these kinds of diseases, not because I am a health coach, but because I have had personal experience of losing one dear to me, to this preventable monster called CHRONIC DISEASES aka Silent Killer.


Firstly, a disease is a deviation from the normal body state if health. There are two main categories: Communicable and Non Communicable Diseases. Communicable diseases are gotten via contact with the infectious organism, infected host, and vector, via their body fluids, air, food, water, microorganisms, etc. Examples include HIV, Malaria, Lassa Fever, Staplococuss, etc.

My Focus is to enlighten you about Non-Communicable Diseases also known as Chronic Diseases or Silent Killers. These diseases are inbuilt in the affected organism and are not gotten via contact. They develop slowly and have long-lasting effects on affected person health; they include Cardiovascular diseases( High blood pressure, Stroke, Heart failure, etc), Cancer, Diabetes, Obesity, Arthritis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (Asthma, Bronchitis, etc), Hepatitis, etc.


WHY YOU SHOULD CARE?

These chronic diseases remain the main causes of premature death and disability in industrialized countries and in most developing countries, hence a silent epidemic you don't want to ignore. Developing countries like ours are demonstrably increasingly at risk, especially the poorer category of people, this is why I advocate health education at the grassroots level.

CAUSES OF THIS KILLER DISEASE

The economic growth, industrialization, urbanization, and globalization, have accelerated over the past years. This is having a significant impact on the health and nutritional status of populations by rapidly changing the diet and lifestyle of humans.

The chief risk factors are:

* Inadequate nutrition

* Lack of physical activity

* Insufficient Rest

Others include Tobacco, Alcohol, Age, Sex, Environmental factors, and Genetics.


EFFECTS OF CHRONIC DISEASES

Many deaths today have resulted from the lingering effects of this chronic diseases, don't say "wetin I gain if I know about NCDs", the information herein will empower you in making healthy dietary and lifestyle changes will aid you in winning over the consequences of these diseases which include:

* Death

* Eye Damage and Blindness

* Body Disability

* Heart, Kidney, Lungs, and Liver Damage

* Anxiety and Depression.

* Poverty and Unhappy living

* Reduced Productivity in life

* Infertility and damage to reproductive organs

* Nervous and Mental Disorders

* Immune System Disorders

* Stunted growth and Digestive disorders, etc


WELLNESS CUES

Looking at how all these areas affect our wellbeing, you, and your loved ones need to be equipped on how to win over chronic diseases (WiOCD). Here proven cues on how to win:

* Nutrition: This is the fore as a major determinant of chronic disease occurrence. Get it right in what and how you eat, then you are 80% ahead NCDs.

Make a dedication to consuming healthy food choices like fresh fruit and vegetable, whole grains, plant proteins, fish, water, good sugars,  fats, and fiber foods; and less refined foods with high bad fats, free sugars, and salts.

* Physical activity: This has a great influence on your body composition (amount of fat, muscle, and bone tissue). A 30minutes to 1-hour daily exercise is primal in winning over NCDs

*  Reduce Tobacco use and excessive alcohol consumption.

* For coffee lovers, unfiltered coffee raises cholesterol levels, make a dietary change to drinking filtered on at a good interval.

* In a fast-paced world of ours, Stress is part of the process, but be sure to create a routine to unwind and rest adequately.


In Sum, you do not know when you will die! In the less, you mustn't be the one to quicken it occurrence; Stay aware of these silent killers, and apply the wellness cues of a healthy diet, nutrition, and lifestyle changes to win over them and to enjoying total wellbeing. 


#healthcoaching #healthyliving #nutrition #physicalactivity #WiOCD #lifestyle #wellnesscues #ysabelleservices #eatandlivegood #wellnesswednesday #nigerianhealthcare #WHO #FAO #UNICEF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THRIVE BY LEARNING IN DISCIPLINE

Months ago, I bore on to be trained by a successful senior colleague. As an oldie, I sometimes am tempted to skip training by telling myself that I know and have done these things before. After a month, I realized newbies were delivering results I had yet to have. I mustered courage and went to meet my trainer! to access me. IToas confident he would give me the needed spanking and motivational alignment, but lo😭, he said_ hosanna be more disciplined. It took me weeks to readjust, humble myself, and start doing what was needed to cause a shift in my mental attitude; the results I got were changing for the better. I am excited to share these transformational life cues with you today : 1. Be OPEN! Be CURIOUS:  You have to become like a child in any learning sphere. Learn to watch, talk less & do more than average. 2. HUMILITY: This will take you to places and help you learn from nobody and everybody to be Somebody. 3. DISCIPLINE: without this, no man can be truly su
LIFE Mission: Find a Balance  In social sciences, we were made to understand that man needs are insatiable. True as it may be, it doesn't stop us from not utilizing the gift of life and our daily going forth in search for ways to filling these needs! Year 2018 have started in its majestic regalia, you might have take time out to write out your yearly goals & dreams, taking action steps towards it everyday and prioritizing your immediate wants & needs........good! good! good. I have learnt that: _ Man life is based on Beliefs upon which he builds his faith; and that our Needs lays the bedrock on which our Beliefs are built. _ Despite been aware of the truth that all men will someday pass on to the great beyond and be free of this cycle, many still live a carefree life in the present! with a vain sense of relief and reassurance that pleasures of now and tempting joys from imagination of the future will bring them to satisfying all their desires and ne

DON'T SHRINK! QUALITY REQUIRES PATIENCE

Over last weekend, while uploading contents to my social media handles, a valuable lesson was gained from trying to upload to my blog. I had successfully published the post and shared the link to my social media handles when I realized the image quality was poor. I was disturbed and went back to re-upload the images. For over an hour and a half, the same quality of images was given even after refreshing the web page repeatedly, switching networks, and sitting positions. I finally succumbed to the thought of leaving the image like that, I had logged out of blogger and as I stood up to go about other activities I felt disappointed with myself. The inner me said why would you settle for that, will you or your audience enjoy content with such image quality? I sat back and decided to log in again and delete and upload the images again! And boom, I had my eureka moment; image resolution was perfectly loaded. I sighed in joy and in retrospective, I understood that t