Skip to main content

STAYING BALANCED IN YOUR BODY ELECTROLYTES LEVELS

Ever wondered why you are advised to drink fluids to keep the body functional and hydrated?

Have you ever wondered if the saving tip for people with diarrhea or vomiting is to drink more fluids?

Have you ever asked why your nutritionist says to take fresh fruit juices rather than additives-packed juice?

Ever wondered why persons who have high sweating rates are advised to drink adequate fluids?

If you have ever asked or never wondered why? I got great news for you; In today's Tuesday tips, I will share with you what body electrolytes are? And why you must stay full of it.


WHAT ARE BODY ELECTROLYTES?


Electrolytes are electrically charged minerals and compounds that help your body do much of its work.

We get them from what we eat and drink, including sodium, chloride, potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, etc.

Their balance in the body is controlled mainly by hormones manufactured in the kidney and the adrenal glands.


WHY STAY FULL OF BODY ELECTROLYTES


1. They oversee your body's energy production and muscle contraction.

2. Transmission of nerve signals from heart, muscle, and nerve cells to other body cells.

3. They stimulate the thirst mechanism to make you drink more fluids when the body dehydrates.

4. Keep the pH (acid/alkaline) of your blood in the normal range

5. They regulate the fluid levels in your blood plasma and body, as the body is made of about 70% fluid.

6. They facilitate blood clotting in hemorrhage and serve as a building block for cell tissues.


WELLNESS CUES

Electrolyte levels can be measured in blood tests, and their stories must stay within a balanced range. Too much or too little of these electrolytes can cause grave health conditions (Heart failure, Kidney disease, Eating&Sleep disorders, Liver cirrhosis, Thyroid disease, etc.)

Cells malfunctioning symptoms include Lethargy, Numbness, Confusion, Cramps, Weakness, Swelling, Coma, High blood pressure, constipation, etc.

Here are TIPS for you to STAY BALANCED

1. Drink up and stay hydrated.

2. Eat foods rich in electrolytes, e.g., spinach, turkey, potatoes, beans, avocados, oranges, soybeans, strawberries, and bananas.

3. Cut down on consuming refined foods high in sodium, whose high intake poses a threat to your health.

4. Quit Alcoholism and smoking

5. Reduce your intake of green tea, as it is a diuretic (a substance that causes you to urinate more frequently), and increase the washing out of your body's electrolytes.

6. Avoid abusing medications such as steroids, diuretics, and laxatives.

7. Depending on your electrolyte disorder, consult your healthcare provider on the proper medications or supplements.


You have received clarity on the need to stay full and balanced of your body electrolytes, do have a refreshing night's rest.


#eathealthy #healthiswealth #ysabelleservices #wellnesscues #livebetter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THRIVE BY LEARNING IN DISCIPLINE

Months ago, I bore on to be trained by a successful senior colleague. As an oldie, I sometimes am tempted to skip training by telling myself that I know and have done these things before. After a month, I realized newbies were delivering results I had yet to have. I mustered courage and went to meet my trainer! to access me. IToas confident he would give me the needed spanking and motivational alignment, but lo😭, he said_ hosanna be more disciplined. It took me weeks to readjust, humble myself, and start doing what was needed to cause a shift in my mental attitude; the results I got were changing for the better. I am excited to share these transformational life cues with you today : 1. Be OPEN! Be CURIOUS:  You have to become like a child in any learning sphere. Learn to watch, talk less & do more than average. 2. HUMILITY: This will take you to places and help you learn from nobody and everybody to be Somebody. 3. DISCIPLINE: without this, no man can be truly su
LIFE Mission: Find a Balance  In social sciences, we were made to understand that man needs are insatiable. True as it may be, it doesn't stop us from not utilizing the gift of life and our daily going forth in search for ways to filling these needs! Year 2018 have started in its majestic regalia, you might have take time out to write out your yearly goals & dreams, taking action steps towards it everyday and prioritizing your immediate wants & needs........good! good! good. I have learnt that: _ Man life is based on Beliefs upon which he builds his faith; and that our Needs lays the bedrock on which our Beliefs are built. _ Despite been aware of the truth that all men will someday pass on to the great beyond and be free of this cycle, many still live a carefree life in the present! with a vain sense of relief and reassurance that pleasures of now and tempting joys from imagination of the future will bring them to satisfying all their desires and ne

DON'T SHRINK! QUALITY REQUIRES PATIENCE

Over last weekend, while uploading contents to my social media handles, a valuable lesson was gained from trying to upload to my blog. I had successfully published the post and shared the link to my social media handles when I realized the image quality was poor. I was disturbed and went back to re-upload the images. For over an hour and a half, the same quality of images was given even after refreshing the web page repeatedly, switching networks, and sitting positions. I finally succumbed to the thought of leaving the image like that, I had logged out of blogger and as I stood up to go about other activities I felt disappointed with myself. The inner me said why would you settle for that, will you or your audience enjoy content with such image quality? I sat back and decided to log in again and delete and upload the images again! And boom, I had my eureka moment; image resolution was perfectly loaded. I sighed in joy and in retrospective, I understood that t